RIBBBBBEEETTTTTT!

Jun 14, 2010
Piedmont of NC
Please help me! Every time we have a thunderstorm, which seems like every other day. My property erupts with the gleeful chirpings of tree frogs, announcing their upcoming orgy in my pool! I'm getting tired of awakening to a ga-zillion little tree frog eggs floating around in there and the effort it takes to get rid of them. Other than there deposits in my water, my pool stays sparkling clear, with regular maintenance. I've heard of putting everything from moth balls, salt water, to ammonia around my pool. I have a fairly large deck surrounding the pool up to it's top, which my dog enjoys hanging out under. I've treated my yard for insects, trying to remove their food source, but being surrounded by 7 acres of woods seems like a futile attempt. I hate to have to call the Swamp People to eradicate these little nuisances, but I'm running out of options! Marc

I live in NC as well. About a month or so ago the tree frogs nearly took over our pool. How does something so small make that much noise. Anyway, I wait until dark and go out armed with a flashlight and a jar. Just shine the light in their eyes and put the jar over them. Then slide the lid under. Over a weeks time, I relocated nearly 10 or so about 3 miles down the road. Once in a while now we might have one on the top rail. Within minutes though, he'll be cuffed and stuffed in a jar and relocated. By the way, snakes did not work for us. I bought two and they pay them no mind.

Good luck!

tmyers said:
I live in NC as well. About a month or so ago the tree frogs nearly took over our pool. How does something so small make that much noise. Anyway, I wait until dark and go out armed with a flashlight and a jar. Just shine the light in their eyes and put the jar over them. Then slide the lid under. Over a weeks time, I relocated nearly 10 or so about 3 miles down the road. Once in a while now we might have one on the top rail. Within minutes though, he'll be cuffed and stuffed in a jar and relocated. By the way, snakes did not work for us. I bought two and they pay them no mind.

Good luck!

Trial and error....but so far the frog hunting is going well.....still working on my technique!!!! I removed about a dozen from the pool in less than 5 minutes once it got dark, but in the process of transferring the little devils from the catching to the containing apparatus, combined with the pouring rain and wet hands. I managed to drop the catching 1/2 during a transfer and my captives scattered everywhere!!! I gave it about 15 minutes hoping for the rain to subside (no luck there) before resuming my chase. While waiting I devised an escape proof containment devise. :twisted: I'll just leave it at that......no frogs were harmed (that I know of) in my removal endeavors for you hippies and tree huggers! :goodjob: Well it's back out in the rain for me! Cheers!!! :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.