Sta-Rite Heater Problem

Jun 27, 2011
I bought my house 2.5 years ago and originally my sta-rite heater had the "service heater" light on. I never did anything about it. Now 6 months ago it would randomly turn on and off while the pump was running. I still did nothing about it. Now its not working at all and all of the lights on the controls are lit. The lights on both the front side and the diagnostic lights on the bottom side of the membrane. I am curious if my issue is mainly the membrane pad. I realized after it broke down that it has been missing a plastic covering over the temperature gauge. I assume that this has allowed it to get water inside. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!!

First question is how is you gas? (if it's a natural gas heater, disregard - if it's propane, how's the tank level?)

Can you post a pic of both sides (top and bottom) of the control pad when the lights are lit?

I've played with more Sta-Rite heaters than I care to remember :-D

I have Sta-Rite Heater (Natural Gas SR400NA) and it is not working. When the pump is not running the "service system" light is on (red) when the pump is running the "service heater" light is on (red). Where do I go from here? What do I open to get to the contoller board that has the LEDs? And thoughts are of value.

thanks

gonna be a fast post,

when the pump is off you are getting service system bc the water pressure switch is dropping out (tells me its wired wrong) Service heater means we need to know what lights are on behind the board.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know this is an old post.

To original poster:

Is this a test??

Who else besides me sees a problem with the condition of that touch pad? There is a probability that one or more of the push buttons are closed(shorted) preventing the heater from doing anything.

Also the condition of that membrane is not keeping any (rain)water off the PCB! So you may need a board AND a touch pad.

Given the date, you have probably already fixed this problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.