Cleaner running slow, how to set valve?

AB

Jan 18, 2011
Houston, TX
Hi,
My pool cleaner (Poolverneughen pool cleaner 2x) has started to run really slowly (2 rpm/min when it should be 10-11). As a result it stops when it hits a wall and will not reverse.
I cleaned the cartridge filter, skimmer, all hose pieces and leaf canister, and took the pool cleaner apart to ensure no debris.

Still running slowly so I am looking into the following situation:
It runs out of a dedicated suction line, and I have 1 skimmer.

I have attached a picture of the valve, I think this controls whether suction is all sent to the dedicated line (to the right), middle , or to the skimmer only (to the left). None seems to make a dramatic difference to increasing the speed of the cleaner.

In the skimmer, there is also a little plastic disc that can close off the skimmer (eg so the skimmer wouldnt suck any more).

My question is why is there the disc, and the valve, which could stop pulling from the skimmer. It seems like they both do the same thing.

I was successful in closing off the skimmer (via the disc) 90%. Then the pool cleaner went back up to 10 rpm/minute. But it seems like this will not give the skimmer enough suction. Also, I still do not know why I need to do this now, since for the last 4 months I have not had to adjust either the disc or the valve.

Any help is appreciated...thanks in advance!
Aaron

Attachments

• pool suction.JPG
    pool suction.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 21
The disc in the skimmer is really for closing off the main drain and not the skimmer suction.

If it was working before and isn't now then it sounds like something has happened.
What is your filter pressure now and what was it when it did work?
Is there any air in the pump strainer basket both when the cleaner is hooked up and when it's not?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.