Pentair ThermalFlo 500 heat pump won't turn on :(

pat82

Jun 2, 2011
My Pentair ThermalFlo 500 heat pump won't turn on and I don't know what to do. None of the lights on the LCD screen will turn on, so it's obviously not receiving power somehow. I checked the main breaker in the house, and it is turned on. I checked the breaker that is right next to the heat pump, and it is definitely receiving power. The filter is pumping water into the heater and water is coming out of it since I can feel water moving through both pipes, but the heater is definitely not on. So there's obviously something going on between the breaker and the heat pump... what's the first thing I should check? Are there any hidden switches or buttons or something that I need to push to turn it on?

I'm not an electrician by any means so if it's something complicated that only a trained professional can fix, who should I call? An electrician, an HVAC guy, a pool company guy? Or does Pentair offer any customer support?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.