Baquacil CDX misuse

y51

Jun 27, 2011
Illinois
I have an above-ground pool 30'x15'x54" and I have never had pools before.
Everything seemed to be fine until today's routine weekly maintenance.
I had to add 2 quarts of Baquacil oxidizer and 1.25 pints of Baquacil CDX.
Instead (how carefree the human being can be), I have started with 2 quarts (4 pints!) of Baquacil CDX - 3 times more than needed.
After I discovered my mistake, I have added 2 quarts of Baquacil oxidizer.
What can be a consequence of my mistake, and how to fix it?
Thank you very much for all help.
:( y51

Welcome to TFP!

It really depends on what your sanitizer level was to begin with. If the sanitizer level gets too high it can cause foaming. Baquacil recommends replacing water to get the level down when it is over 50, but that seems extreme to me.

A week ago the water test results were:
Baq sanitizer & fungicide - 40.1
Baq shock & oxidizer - 96
pH - 7.25
Total alkalinity - 51

Today (after my "treatment"):
Baq sanitizer & fungicide - 35
Baq shock & oxidizer - 304
pH - 7.48
Total alkalinity - 61

Thank you,

:(

This isn't a reply. It is another question about cdx but I couldn't figure out where or how to post a new question.
I sent my daughter to pick up the shock for my monthly dose and they sent her the straight cdx. I figured they have my info in the computer. I told her the shock was in plastic bag and was around $30. She brings this home because they told her this was the shock. My first clue should have been that it was almost $50. But doing things in a hurry as it was raining and stormy, I dumped the whole bottle in of course minus the shock as that was what I was expecting into my 13500 gallon above ground pool. How much trouble am I in with this incident? And can it be corrected? Should I be concerned about swimming in it?
Wendy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.