Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Semi in ground pool helo

1. Back To Top    #1

Semi in ground pool helo

Hello everyone, I really need help. I am looking to have a semi in ground pool since it's cheaper but no one seems to give me a straight answer. I read that aluminum is a better to have in ground than steel but every time I call a pool store they say otherwise. I don't know who to believe. Does anyone have any review/opinion on the ez panel semi in ground pool??? Thank you so much.

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Semi in ground pool helo

Welcome to TFP!

If I were to guess, and I am, I would say that aluminum would be preferable as it wouldn't rust.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3
    Denham Springs, Louisiana

If you can find one made out of resin, I'd go with that. I have a semi in-ground steel pool. I was told burying it voided my warranty. I was also told that my pool could last years in the ground depending on the makeup of my soil and whether or not it stayed wet that far down. I don't want to jinx myself so I'm just going to say
    10,408 gallon, 21' round, 52 in' deep AG, half in ground
    Artesian Clear Master Plus Sand Filter, Artesian Turbo King 2 hp pump, installed June 08
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Pics taken 2012 ... CN0606.jpg ... CN0607.jpg

4. Back To Top    #4

It seems that the only one made of aluminum out there is the oasis ez panel but I can't seem to find any reviews positive or negative. Any suggestions in where to find them? Im in NJ & resin just can't hold up with our changing seasons. Thank you for responding!!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Houston, Texas

Some folks have bought a regular steel walled pool and used spray-on truck bed liner or waterproofing coatings to protect the metal before burying.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

The contractor that installed my pool said that he hadn't seen many pools rust, even the steel ones did well unless they had been underground for 20 years.
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]