Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ash in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Ash in pool

Weekend before last we had a wildfire close to our house, as a result I had a lot of ash fall into the pool. Since then the pool water has been cloudy. I know the TA and PH are high and am working right now to get that down. My question is will the ash throw off the chemicals in the pool? Also, when I bought the pool I had originally bought the 16' intex ultra frame but then we decided to take it back and get the 24'. I had ordered the intex 1600 gph sand filter when I ordered the 16' pool and did not even think about it when I set up the 24' pool. Now I am concerned that the filter is too small for the pool. Any advice?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ash in pool

The ash will cause your pH to rise and probably the TA but it shouldn't affect it too much. It's going to take that small filter a while to clear it back up. Just be patient.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Ash in pool

OK, thanks for the reply. I just wish now that I had thought about the filter size before I set it all up.