Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding accent tiles to pebble sheen

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding accent tiles to pebble sheen

How much of a PITA is it to add in some accent tiles to a new pebble sheen finish. I talk to my PB at the time about adding some accent tiles to the steps and benches but he talked me out of it. Now that it's done, I wish I would have had them added.
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding accent tiles to pebble sheen

It is difficult to add tiles after the pebble sheen is already in place and will never look quite right. To get a good edge between the tiles and the pebble sheen, the tiles need to be installed first and the pebble sheen applied right up to the edge of the tile. To put tiles in after the fact means chipping out sections of the pebble sheen and then patching the gap between what was chipped out and the tiles. But the patch will never exactly match and so will be fairly visible.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I wouldn't take a chisel to my finish, no matter what. It's just not worth it.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4

hindsight is 20/20... as MTIS Jason stated it would be an expensive project and still might not look good.
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Oh well.
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump