This method is too hard!

Jun 3, 2011
I just wanted to tell you the results of me using the BBB method. I just found this site a month ago and decided to use it this year. This is my first year taking care of our pool, hubby has done it past 5 years and it has always been stressful.

I got a new sand filter and installed it myself(hubby proud) and started using BBB when we took our cover off and had a green swamp! Today, it is raining and I am looking out at my CRYSTAL CLEAR water and can see the DIRT on the bottom thru the rain!!!!!!

What maddness is this, all I want to do is get that little piece of dirt out!!! Our water has never been this clear and everyone who sees our pool has said the same thing, asking if it is the filter and my hubby has said no---it's bleach and my wife!!!!!

Thank you for driving me nuts over tiny pieces of dirt in the deep end instead of hubby sending me and the kids into hiding when he was dealing with the pool! This summer is already the best one ever, my hubby and I sat out last night after our girls finished swimming and enjoyed an adult beverage looking at our beautiful clear pool!!

I am so thankful that I found this forum and all the information, you all have helped me stay on this road and we are starting to reap the rewards!!! Thank you one and all!!!! I will post some pics soon!

Awesome! :goodjob: It's great to be able to reap the rewards of a little effort... actually less than running to the pool store all the time, but we don't have to tell our friends do we ??? :wink:

I maintain our pool too and Hubby enjoys the clear water, he was skeptical at first. We got our first compliment from a fellow long time pool owner this weekend and it felt great.

Enjoy your oasis! :cheers:

"Dr., I have a patient in the waiting room, complaining of symptoms indicating a severe sparklypoolitis infection"...."Would you like to see her or should I just send her home with a TF100 and a speedstir and have her follow-up in the morning :scratch: "

Ok... so you got us. We are sparklypoolitis suffers... and not ashamed of it!

Give me a :testkit: and a speedstir (man I want one of these) & I'll go pretend to work diligently on the pool. :party:

Go ahead and give us a challenge... :wink:
I've had a couple of infants in the pool already this season luckily w/no problems. Thanks to tfp, we know what to do if something does!

dmanb2b said:
"Dr., I have a patient in the waiting room, complaining of symptoms indicating a severe sparklypoolitis infection"...."Would you like to see her or should I just send her home with a TF100 and a speedstir and have her follow-up in the morning :scratch: "

Let's have her dose 30oz. of 6% and call it a night!! We'll put her on long-term liquidator in the morning. Be sure to have her contact her mail order pharmacy for the chronic long-term dosing. :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
AndreaB, the desire to get rid of little pieces of dirt in an otherwise sparkly clear pool is a disease I share with you. All my friends think I'm crazy because they keep telling me the pool looks great. But there's that little piece of dirt or leaf right there on the bottom that bugs me once in a while!

We should start a support group...

Just a warning....

I've wasted a lot of time trying to vacuum up the shadow of a small leaf on the surface of the pool. It doesn't work.

You will never, ever, get the pool absolutely spotless. I've thought I had everything. Even left the vacuum in the pool for a while after I was done, in case anything settled out. I was certain I got every speck. Carrying the hose back to the shed, I see a flower petal down on the bottom!

Perhaps the pool store has something to sell us that will cloudy up our water and make those leafs at the bottom disappear.

Last time I was in the pool store (buying overpriced plastic pole clips which still didn't cost enough for them to allow me to use a credit card) I had to bite my tongue as the lady in front of me spent over $300 on chemicals and $400 on an automatic pool vac. She said she was vacuuming every day. My guess is that she was probably barely just keeping up with the algae, or not setting the multiport to waste when vacuuming.

Since I followed TFP instructions on clearing up the algae and started making good use of the solar cover, I haven't had much to vacuum. Actually I just dove down and grabbed the few leaves and didn't bother with the vacuum.

Thank you TFP! I can't imagine how much money I would have spent if it wasn't for this site.

Richard320 said:
Just a warning....

I've wasted a lot of time trying to vacuum up the shadow of a small leaf on the surface of the pool. It doesn't work.

You will never, ever, get the pool absolutely spotless. I've thought I had everything. Even left the vacuum in the pool for a while after I was done, in case anything settled out. I was certain I got every speck. Carrying the hose back to the shed, I see a flower petal down on the bottom!

I've become obsessed with removing all debris from my pool... did you get the flower peddle out?! I probably would have dove for it :hammer:

frogabog said:
Time to create some pool drama. My suggestion for the week... invite a non-potty trained toddler over to swim (or dog poop, you choose). Post your results ladies!

OK how's this for pool drama? On the chicken forum I am also addicted to, someone posted pics of their three chickens happily swimming in their pool WITH the kids! First thing I thought: Her water is pretty but hello - chicken poop? I am ocd enough with SAND! I actually asked the lady if there had been any poop incidents (if you aren't a chicken rancher - they do nothing but eat and poop - often at the same time) and she said only one, and that was when one of the birds was perched on a pool noodle so they keep noodles and pool toys out when the birds are in.

I also suggested this site to anyone on the chicken forum who cared to hear about sparkly water!

Sorry if I have typos here, I'm on my phone and Autocomplete is not my friend.

Just last night my wife commented that she could see every miniscule piece of dirt and couldn't help herself from whipping it out (The vacuum) and going after them until it was 100% clean! (which it will never be thanks to all the trees we have around (but luckily enjoy full sun from 9am to 5pm)

She too has a chronic case of SparklyPoolitis!! (unlike my neighbor who just can't bring herself to change from her pool store frogger, no matter how much better my pool looks)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.