Roll-guard ladder question

crek31

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2009
Wondering if anyone has one of these, or if you have any thoughts about the design. In looking at the pictures, it looks like when the outer steps are exposed, for use, the roll-guard panel appears to be behind the in-pool rungs, and in the pool water. Then it would roll out of the water, over the peak of the A and down in front of the outer rungs to prevent climbing up into the pool. Am I right that in the open position the guard panel is in the pool water? If so, does anyone have a an issue with that design? From a safety and aesthetic stand-point I like this ladder. But wondering if anyone thinks it an issue to have the panel over the outer rungs collecting dirt and junk, and then rolling it into the pool. Not an issue, or poor design???

Link with pix: http://www.americasbestpoolsupply.com/p ... adder.aspx

crek31 said:
Wondering if anyone has one of these, or if you have any thoughts about the design. In looking at the pictures, it looks like when the outer steps are exposed, for use, the roll-guard panel appears to be behind the in-pool rungs, and in the pool water. Then it would roll out of the water, over the peak of the A and down in front of the outer rungs to prevent climbing up into the pool. Am I right that in the open position the guard panel is in the pool water? If so, does anyone have a an issue with that design? From a safety and aesthetic stand-point I like this ladder. But wondering if anyone thinks it an issue to have the panel over the outer rungs collecting dirt and junk, and then rolling it into the pool. Not an issue, or poor design???

Link with pix: http://www.americasbestpoolsupply.com/p ... adder.aspx

I have that ladder and have not had any problems with junk getting in the pool. The "panel" is in a track and that helps keep stuff from getting in it when closed. The only draw back I have is when you close it it will be full of water dump it out and get the operator wet. Not an isue for me.

Verdog -- how long have you had it? Does the guard glide easily? Also, I can't tell if these A-frames simply sit above the pool rail, or am I expected to attach it in some way? Looks like you have an Intex, so I assume it just straddles it and the platform sits a little above the rail, with no connections. Is that right? Would you buy it again? I am down to this option, or the Evolution A-Frame where the outer ladder swings up and locks when not in use. Thanks again for the input!

I've had it for three months this season. I would buy it again. Putting it together was a pain, but that was to be expected, at least I thought. The guard slides easy, I can unlock it and start netting the pool while my 8y/o daughter opens it.

It sits above the rails and is made to fit up to a 52" pool. It comes with brackets to secure it to a normal pool top rail, but will not attatch to the Intex metal rail. I simply filled the legs with water like you are suppose to do, then used rope to make sure it stays in plase since I don't have a rail for the brackets to screw into.

There is also a kit that will convert it to a deck mount. My plan is to upgrade in a year are two and use it with a permenant AGP and deck.

This is an old photo, before I did my hard plumbing and retied the ladder so it wasn't as ugly.....

050811086.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.