Diamond Brite

Jun 10, 2011
So we picked our PB and we are finalizing the contract. Wife and I sat down the other night to look at the Diamond Brite colors brochure. Was wondering if there are any colors to absolutely avoid? We are leaning toward "cool blue" or "blue quartz". We'd like to stay away from colors that darken the pool and limit the effect of the LED color changing lights.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Your location may be something to consider when you make a color choice. I know many in the south tend to choose lighter colors and those north go with darker .. either to avoid or capture the sun's heat. Just something to think about. :)

Suziqzer said:
Your location may be something to consider when you make a color choice. I know many in the south tend to choose lighter colors and those north go with darker .. either to avoid or capture the sun's heat. Just something to think about. :)

Suziqzer:

Good point. Since we are up north (PA) might be something to think about. Thanks for the tip.

To really see the colors in the lights, you need to go with a light color plaster. A solar cover will go a lot further toward keeping the water warm than plaster color (which I'm not convinced makes any real difference).

We have a blue diamond brite and also a colorsplash LED light. We love the baby blue carribean color to the water in the day and at night it shows all the colors of the LED well. Just make sure they do a through acidwash on the plaster to expose all the diamond brite so it will appear uniform and have no white splotches.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.