I have inherited a cupboard full of chemicals from the previous people who ran the pool. Plus I have some 14% sodium hypochlorite left over from last year's attempt to winterize the pool.
I know that sodium hypochlorite ages quickly. I was told it was good and fresh when I bought it, but that certainly won't be the case now. It's been stored in a shed, where it has been frozen over winter, and now is probably starting to get a little warm. Is it safe to use?
In the cupboard I have three (!) bottles of winter algaecide, some chlorine reducer, and clarifier gel tabs, none of which I have ever used. I'll probably hang onto the chlorine reducer just in case, but I can't see me ever using the clarifier tabs, because it sounds like they make a gungy mess in the sand filter. Is there a safe way to get rid?
Also, will the algaecide be any good by now? It's at least two years old.