Split off of this topic. JasonLion
This is a great site and this thread is PERFECT for the problem I have. I have those 4 capacitors domed and one blew out pretty badly and got so hot that it desoldered itself, so I am not sure of the polarity if I decide to replace all 4 caps. I need to call autopilot tomorrow morning to see how I am going to proceed, this is the beginning of our 3rd season with this unit, and I am hoping its under warranty. From my reading, I understand I can: 1) send this unit back to autopilot for them to repair the board, 2) replace the caps myself, 3) buy a new board or 4) go to another chlorine generator.
My cover cracked along the top, I saw someone else have that crack here, I sealed it with outdoor silicone sealer and its weather-tight
1) Does a schematic exist for this board?
2) If I needed the polarity of a specific cap, could someone take a look for me, or do you guys know if the polarity is marked on the circuit board?
3) Do you guys think if I replace those 4 domed caps, this Auto Pilot will run again?
4) Does this unit get too hot?, anyone think bigger fans would help?
5) My units takes a lot of sunlight, should I shade it?
Thanks for the help, great site, Mike