Pool Store vs. My Test Results

Hark

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 12, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
So, I have been using BBB since the start of the season and test my water with my TF100. I get obsessive at times testing ph and chlorine couple times a day. Pool water sparkles!

There has been a lot of topics lately about testing CYA and the black dot, etc. So I decided to test my water this morning than take the same sample to the pool store to compare the findings. Here we go.....

My Test Results:

FC: 5
CC: 0
PH: 7.5
TA: 90
CH: 300
CYA: 30 Little low I know but I will be using some left over pucks here shortly.

Pool Store Results:
FC: 3
TC: 3
PH: 7.6
CH: 360
TA: 110
CYA: 99 (Really?)
and of course they said the phosphates were at 200.....who cares.

She asked how many pucks I have floating and I said zero and that I was using liquid Chlorine. Told me I was nuts.
I said my CYA was really high before so I didn't want to have to go through that again and she said that CYA up to 300 showed no effect on the chlorine.....but that her test could only go to 100.... :blah: .(If the test only goes to 100, maybe that should tell you something.)

Tried to sell me some phosfree, which I respectfully declined.

Anyway, thought you all might find this interesting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.