Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Iron Out for copper stains

1. Back To Top    #1

Iron Out for copper stains

Hello everyone,

I am looking to get a little advise. I added 2 lbs. of grocery store bought Super Iron Out to remove the copper staining on the white parts of pool and the fiberglass steps. Is there any harmful effects or harm to plumbing? Added it first based on a recommendation of a friend and of course I read the warning on line after the fact. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

18,000 gal in-ground pool.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Iron Out for copper stains

I don't think you're going to hurt anything, but don't be surprised if it doesn't do a lot of good. If it does end up removing the stains it'll be worth it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Did you add the "Super Iron out" or "Super Iron out OUTDOOR" product?

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

4. Back To Top    #4

The results of using the Super Iron out were actually remarkable. I read a few articles on line stating how dangerous the product was. It's the Super Iron out I was using, the product for laundry, water softeners, kitchen, etc.