4000 GPH Intex Pump with the 2650 GPH Sand Filter

dpman79 said:
So you are thinking that the 4000 gph pump on the filter pump will have a higher flow than the pump on the sand filter?

2650GPH vs 4000GPH yes but it looks to me like the horsepower on the 2650 is bigger than the 4000. I don't know enough about these pumps to make that big of an informed decision, that's why I asked.

dpman79 said:
from what I have readt the 2650 gph has a 1 hp motor and the 4000 gph has a 1/4 hp motor. I would say that the 2650 is musch stronger. I have the 1600 ghp sand filter and it is stronger than the 4000 that came with my pool.

I'm pretty sure the 4000 GPH is a 3/4 HP pump and the 2650 GPH sand filter is a shy under 1 HP.

viberama said:
dpman79 said:
So you are thinking that the 4000 gph pump on the filter pump will have a higher flow than the pump on the sand filter?

2650GPH vs 4000GPH yes but it looks to me like the horsepower on the 2650 is bigger than the 4000. I don't know enough about these pumps to make that big of an informed decision, that's why I asked.
:wave:
The 4000GPH will have a higher flow rate than the 2650GPH sand filter pump. **BUT** The 2650GPH is a much stronger pump and provide a more consistent flow than the 4000GPH. I had the 4000GPH and the water circulated great but the slightest clog in the line or the filter the water flow diminished rapidly. When I put the 2650GPH on my pool I did notice a slight less water flow but the pump was strong and continues to provide great water circulation even as the filter PSI goes up and the filter gets dirty. I would take the 2650GPH Sand Filter/Pump over any other pump that Intex makes. I can even add a 30' vacuum hose up to it and run my fountain at the same time it works great. The 4000GPH would not vacuum up nothing.

:cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.