Last I tested our tap water it was <3ppm CH (tested with a electronic meter). Water Bureau says 2-14ppm is normal here but I think that 14 is from the gross emergency wells (I can tell when we're on the well water, ick!) because normally it comes from the Bull Run Reservoir in the foothills of Mt. Hood. Un-filtered, un-pumped, lightly chlorinated, and at about 90psi. Can't beat 12000 feet of elevation for water pressure, I can fill my 5300 gallon pool in about 3 hours with two hoses. We drink rainwater/snow melt/deer pee water here. It's quite tasty... and creates water snobs. :~}

They caught someone peeing into one of the open reservoirs in the city last week (dude said he thought it was a water treatment plant... ya right...) and the bureau decided to drain the whole thing. ummm... one man's pee vs hundreds of deer, bear, bobcat, and whatever else roams the forest up there urinating as they get their daily morning drink... ummmm... ???? When I was in high school there were no security guards at these reservoirs, I wonder how many people peed in it over the years and no one cared. sigh...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.