The CHEAPEST Source of Liquid Chlorine! Who can find it!?

Jun 24, 2011
I never thought I would have a use for K-Mart... But turns out I do now. They have really cheap bleach, infact, I have gone around to several stores to try and find the cheapest liquid chlorine for my pool and have created a publicly accessible spreadsheet for everyone to view. Its also the ONLY place I found Borax. No one carries it around here.

Initial Findings: You can find 6% liquid chlorine for $2.49 for the standard 1.42 Gallon Jug at a few places.. but many places are more expensive. K-Mart had it cheapest for me... Cheaper than bulk at Sams Club.

Link to spreadsheet: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...bDd2Ny1KbXJLVTlmdGc&hl=en_US&authkey=CMzYgJ8F

If you have recently purchased bleach somewhere and got a great deal, let us know and I'll add it to the list.

If you have something you want to add, please provide the following information:

1.) Store you bought it at
2.) "Brand" of the bleach
3.) % of bleach (3.25%, 6%, 10% etc...) Beware of brands that do not list the percentage... Probably very weak stuff.
4.) Size of container in gallons. (Use Google for conversion if you don't know)
5.) Price you paid (not including tax) for that container of bleach.

And I will update the spreadsheet so we can share your savings!
Who can find the cheapest liquid chlorine??!?

My current unused stash :mrgreen: ... It probably looks like I'm trying to manufacture drugs.
6b579eec.jpg

Re: The CHEAPEST Source of Liquid Chlorine! Who can find it!

Nah--you're still a rookie! I got 8 cases of 6% stacked in the garage right now. Bleach sales wait for NO man! (or woman) All that was bought at 88 cents at Albertsons and the rest at a buck at a local grocery store.

woodyp said:
Nah--you're still a rookie! I got 8 cases of 6% stacked in the garage right now. Bleach sales wait for NO man! (or woman) All that was bought at 88 cents at Albertsons and the rest at a buck at a local grocery store.

How do you find out about such bleach sales? Or when you see it you just stock up??

First I bought this year was at Menards. Buy one get one free. 12% bleach worked out to 1.50 per gallon

Just bought at Mejers store yesterday 10% bleach case of 4 gallon jugs $10.49. Good enough for me and store is 2 minutes from my house so less time and gas burning required.

Bought 10% 1 GAL jugs at ACE Hardware for $2.79. I just happened to be in there looking for something else and asked how much for a case. The lady said it wasn't on sale anymore, but since I wanted cases she would let me have it at the sale price of $2.79. So that comes out to be $27.90 for 1 gallon of 100%. Rural King (if you have one of those near you) has 10% for 10.99/case so that would be about $2.75/gallon.

Aldi locally sells there 96oz. 6% for .99 all the time. Not the cheapest but pretty good for a regular price I think.

My browser will not let me add this to google spreadsheet, sorry

Please correct me If I'm wrong but I think that comes to around $22/ Gallon of 100%. I never looked at it that way but I guess that's a good way to compare different strengths. Hmmmm!

Dega500 said:
Aldi locally sells there 96oz. 6% for .99 all the time. Not the cheapest but pretty good for a regular price I think.

My browser will not let me add this to google spreadsheet, sorry

Please correct me If I'm wrong but I think that comes to around $22/ Gallon of 100%. I never looked at it that way but I guess that's a good way to compare different strengths. Hmmmm!

Me too. It's a .75 gallon container (3 Quarts / 96oz.).

Istock'd up a couple week's ago..Alway's been using great value..But Walgreen's had it for .99..Then stopped by Aldi's & they had good date's this time ..pick's up 20 jug's..Glad I did..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

boon4376 said:
If you have something you want to add, please provide the following information:

1.) Store you bought it at
2.) "Brand" of the bleach
3.) % of bleach (3.25%, 6%, 10% etc...) Beware of brands that do not list the percentage... Probably very weak stuff.
4.) Size of container in gallons. (Use Google for conversion if you don't know)
5.) Price you paid (not including tax) for that container of bleach.

And I will update the spreadsheet so we can share your savings!
Who can find the cheapest liquid chlorine??!?

1 - Menards - Long Grove, IL
2 - Menards house brand (Hi-lex)
3 - 6%
4 - 96 oz / 3 quarts / .75 gallons
5 - 0.96 cents

1.) OSH
2.) Kemtek?
3.) 10%
4.) 2 Gal/box @ $6 regular sale price
5.) 4 tax inclusive with special coupon or $2/gal of 10%

I had gotten it down to 1.66/gal before. But those days are gone..

1.) Kroger
2.) Clorox
3.) 6%
4.) 3/4 gallon
5.) 1.29

Note: You must buy 10 in order to get it for this price however. It's $1.79 if you buy outside of groups of 10. I don't know how long this sale lasts, but I plan on buying 10-20 more tomorrow!

Slightly off -topic, but if you need Acid (Muratic Acid) and live in the northern-central US, Menards is selling gallon containers of MA for $2.99 + tax. Sale is until 7/24 if I remember correctly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.