Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Barracuda Zodiac Ranger- Any Comments?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Princeton, WV

Barracuda Zodiac Ranger- Any Comments?

The DH came home with it yesterday and we have not taken it out of the box yet. Wanted to check here for any comments first. Thank you.
    16 x 32 AG Fanta Sea 13,500 gal/ Hayward Sand Filter/ 1 hp Hayward Power Flo LX Pump
    1 skimmer 1 main drain

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Barracuda Zodiac Ranger- Any Comments?

They do work, however to get good coverage you need to balance the returns so the ranger goes all over the pool floor and not just around the perimeter. Some days it works better than others, and they tend to get stuck on ladders.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Tucson area, AZ

I've got one. It's okay, but as the previous commenter said, tends to get stuck on the ladder! Good thing about it is it's a very simple cleaner; not much that can break on it!
    Above ground soft side Omega pool
    20 feet diameter, 4 feet deep
    Hayward sand filter
    Hayward 1 HP Matrix pump
    Hayward Aquabug Automatic Pool Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

I run my Barracuda 2 nights per week (overnight/14 hours). I remove my ladder, problem solved. It works pretty good and for $150, a good performance. As mentioned, aiming the return flow is key. Mine would climb the walls and suck air(bad bad bad) when return was aimed more towards the center.

5. Back To Top    #5

Opelousas, Louisiana

so where is the best spot to 'aim' the jet to improve cleaning the entire pool? I did like manual said and pointed down towards center, but I notice it does travel the perimeter more than anywhere else. Otherwise, it does work very well. I was impressed. I also have the Polaris 65 and I find the Ranger is better for sediment/small particles. The Polaris is better for larger leaves, etc.
    18 x 36 Aqua Leader Allegro