Cutting a bigger hole in my intex pool.

Jul 6, 2010
laconia, NH
Ok I see some threads where people have cut the hole to fit the bigger adapters.

I don't feel to confident about doing it but I think i'am going to do it anyways.
I figure I can use the gasket to make the outline then cut the hole with a razor.

Is there anything I should know first any tips or tricks that make it easier ??

poolnew-b said:
Ok I see some threads where people have cut the hole to fit the bigger adapters.

I don't feel to confident about doing it but I think i'am going to do it anyways.
I figure I can use the gasket to make the outline then cut the hole with a razor.

Is there anything I should know first any tips or tricks that make it easier ??

Pray first!! Just kidding. Measure twice, Most holes for larger adapters, you can cut and it will still be in the reinforcement from the original hole. If not, no biggy as I just added an in-wall skimmer without a problem. I cut mine with a new xacto knife. Having something sharp and easy to maneuver helps too. Good luck!! :goodjob:

If the pool is full you can get someone in the pool to hold a large bowl over the cut area to try to keep the water from gushing out. I've also cut the large holes in my pool and installed a through wall skimmer.

Diddo on the thtu wall skimmer!! :goodjob:

If you go out side of the reenforcement around the hole you will be fine. Just make sure you don't have any stray cuts or sharp corners in the hole. I know when adding the thru wall skimmer you will have sharp corners you also have screws going thru the liner holding the liner in place. When you cut bigger holes for the upgraded returns there are NO screws to help keep the liner from streching and stray cuts can lead to the liner opening up like a zipper.

Hope this helps.
:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.