Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cutting a bigger hole in my intex pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

Cutting a bigger hole in my intex pool.

Ok I see some threads where people have cut the hole to fit the bigger adapters.

I don't feel to confident about doing it but I think i'am going to do it anyways.
    I figure I can use the gasket to make the outline then cut the hole with a razor.

Is there anything I should know first any tips or tricks that make it easier ??
    Intex Ultra frame 16x48
    Intex 1600GPH Sand Filter
    Taylor K-2005 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cutting a bigger hole in my intex pool.

Quote Originally Posted by poolnew-b
    Ok I see some threads where people have cut the hole to fit the bigger adapters.

I don't feel to confident about doing it but I think i'am going to do it anyways.
    I figure I can use the gasket to make the outline then cut the hole with a razor.

Is there anything I should know first any tips or tricks that make it easier ??
    Pray first!! Just kidding. Measure twice, Most holes for larger adapters, you can cut and it will still be in the reinforcement from the original hole. If not, no biggy as I just added an in-wall skimmer without a problem. I cut mine with a new xacto knife. Having something sharp and easy to maneuver helps too. Good luck!!
    Intex 15' Round 48" Deep Metal Frame
    2000GPH with Intex SWG, Model 56611E (Lovin it!!)
    Intex Magnetic LED Underwater Light

3. Back To Top    #3

If the pool is full you can get someone in the pool to hold a large bowl over the cut area to try to keep the water from gushing out. I've also cut the large holes in my pool and installed a through wall skimmer.

4. Back To Top    #4

Diddo on the thtu wall skimmer!!

If you go out side of the reenforcement around the hole you will be fine. Just make sure you don't have any stray cuts or sharp corners in the hole. I know when adding the thru wall skimmer you will have sharp corners you also have screws going thru the liner holding the liner in place. When you cut bigger holes for the upgraded returns there are NO screws to help keep the liner from streching and stray cuts can lead to the liner opening up like a zipper.

Hope this helps.
    Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners