Pool Valet experience?

Jun 25, 2011
I'm nearing completion of a rehab of a long neglected pool (came w/ the new home). I cannot know the exact age of the pool, but I would guess about 25 yrs. Job started with replacement of all mechanicals on the pad, and thanks to mission creep has included resurrecting the floor cleaning system. As the subject line indicates it's a Pool Valet infloor system that was painted over some time ago.
Much drilling, chiseling and cursing later, the old floor nozzles were removed with minimal damage to the cups in the floor, lines back to the valve cleaned, and new nozzles installed.
My question is this: How does one decide to drill, or not drill the optional holes provided in the new nozzles? All the new nozzles are supplied drilled on one side and also have blind holes on the opposite side. Drill or no? What decides?

Thanks for any ideas. Pete

Pete, welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Quite the project you have going there. Any photos of the destruction and re-build?

Each hole on the pool valet is either 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch. The nozzle comes with 4 partial holes in it. Only one or two are drilled out all the way. The nozzle can be ordered as a blank and it is left to the installer to drill out the proper holes.

These websites should help, too:

http://www.infloorpoolparts.com/pool-va ... ozzl2.html

http://www.paramountpoolproducts.com/faq/pv.php

Good luck with the project. :-D

Thanks Voodoo for your suggestions.

Yes, quite the job - since the end of last swim season - but there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Sure, I'd like to post some pics, if i can figure out how best to do it. In any event it would be several days. If you remember, check in a few.

again thanks, Pete

Re: Pool Valet experience? (answered by Paramount)

I'll check it out Voodoo. Thanks

I'm taking the liberty of copying the prompt reply I received from Paramount. Hope it's useful to someone else!
I'm thankful for all the help this forum has been educating me about all things pool. And I hate the water! : )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Each 3/8 inch hole is designed to put out 10 gpm. The system is designed to operate at either 40 gpm (a small pool with very few heads, no more than two that come up at the same time on the floor circuits) or 60 gpm (larger pool with three or 4 nozzles that come up per circuit) drilling out a third hole will only reduce the cleaning distance of the nozzles. For example a circuit with three nozzles on the floor would be two each 3/8 inch holes on the same side (the over under design makes the nozzle clean to the six foot radius it was designed for) if four nozzles were on a floor circuit two would be two holes and two would be 1 hole drilled out. The two hole nozzles would always be in the hardest to clean areas (corners and walls). Steps if the pool has nozzles still must conform to the gallons per circuit described above. The very small hole on the nozzle is for a very small top step only and it cleans a two ft radius and is rated at 4 gpm.

James Serkland
Technical Support Manager
Paramount Pool and Spa Systems
Phone 480-893-7607
800-621-5886 x 235
www.1paramount.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim at Paramount is a very good resource and has always given me great advice. If more people actually setup their in floor cleaning systems like they were designed, they would love them. Our system has run flawlessly for 3 years now, in large part to what Jim told me. Our pool builder had not put the proper size nozzles in, even though the plan from Paramount clearing showed the right sized heads. After talking with Jim, I went out to my equipment and mapped out what the PSI was for each zone and compared it to the plan. After that, the system cleans flawlessly. It great to not have to mess with a polaris type cleaner. Keep at it. You're on the right track.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.