First test.

crs16

Gold Supporter
Jun 21, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Just finished filling pool for the first time. Took the test strips we have (insta test 5), I know the TF100 is on its way.

Fc 0
Tc 0.5
TA 80
PH 7.6
TH 50

So according to pool calc, my pool is just under 5k gallons.

So I added 1 quart of bleach to get FC to 3.5
I added a very small amount of muriatic acid (like 1 oz)
And added 1 lb of solid CYA (didn't realize there is liquid available, my lowe's only had dry)

My pump is running, it is a 2650 gph pump so in under 2 hours wi cycle through.

Do I wait 2 hours to test again?

Got my tf100 today. Yay!!!

Results
FC 4.5
CC 0.5
CYA 25
pH 7.5

I thought from the test strip and the Taylors test that the FC level was closer to 3 than 5. Interesting.

The only thing I'm even mildly concerned about was the CYA. I estimated for 30 and got 25. I live in Albuquerque where it is hot and sunny. I'm trying to figure out if I need to add more CYA. Opinions? The kids have been playing in the pool a lot more with friends, so I've been adding 2.5 cups of 6% bleach to keep the FC up the last 2 days. Would it be worth it to add enough CYA to bring it into the 30 to 40 range?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cindy,

You are off to a very good start with an excellent understanding of your pool water. It is always a pleasure to read a thread where someone has done their homework as well as you have.

Please don't be so nice to Butterfly or she will soon have to order a larger size sunbonnet :shock: :shock: :shock:

duraleigh said:
Cindy,

Please don't be so nice to Butterfly or she will soon have to order a larger size sunbonnet :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh, Dave! You better watch out for Butterfly.

emot101.gif

crs16 said:
Just finished filling pool for the first time. Took the test strips we have (insta test 5), I know the TF100 is on its way.

Fc 0
Tc 0.5
TA 80
PH 7.6
TH 50

So according to pool calc, my pool is just under 5k gallons.

So I added 1 quart of bleach to get FC to 3.5
I added a very small amount of muriatic acid (like 1 oz)
And added 1 lb of solid CYA (didn't realize there is liquid available, my lowe's only had dry)

My pump is running, it is a 2650 gph pump so in under 2 hours wi cycle through.

Do I wait 2 hours to test again?
Did you buy your pool locally? I am also in ABQ and in the market for a 15'x52" round.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.