brownchristian

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2011
Houston, TX
I suspect the reason for my question is the waterfall and high usage. We just moved in last week and have been in the pool every night since. FC has been pretty consistent. 7 FC in the evening around 5 pm and add bleach to 10 FC. But PH has been less than predictable. Trying to figure out why. I have a decent from my hot tub that is always on during pool mode 10 hours a day. Read last night about ph increasing cause of aeration so I deleted the program for the waterfall. Why does my PH continue to rise. I thought I read that most people typically add a few cups of MA but today I had to add 46 oz of MA.

Check the TA of the pool and you fill water. My tap water is TA 340 so even a bit of full water can raise TA and pH is a constant issue. Drought with so little rain means more filling.

Probably high TA is forcing pH up. The waterfall just accelerates the process. So you may want to leave it run and keep lowering pH to 7.2 every time it hit's 7.8. The quantities of acid required will keep going down each time as TA goes down. Eventually, you will hit the sweet spot for your pool where you only need a cup or two maybe twice a week. Or even less.

Got up early before work this morning to check levels. PH was up to 7.5 and TA dropped to 150. Added 43 oz of MA and left waterfall running. Maybe I will be in range tomorrow.

Now what do I do with the extra 5 gallons of MA I bought. I guess I will use it eventually. Just thought I would of needed much more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
TA down to 110 last night PH was back up to 7.8. Lowered PH to 7.2 again. Hopefully I will be close to TA of 80 today. Dreading replacing the water for CH and CYA this fall and raising TA again. But oh well I will get it all where I want it eventually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.