Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Debris Problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Debris Problem

1.Sand filter (Hayward SP1580X15)
    2. water is crystal clear...and test up to date

Now the problem is debris...its seen like i need to vacuum every day. Each time i vacuum the pool look nice and clean. Then the next day there is the debris still in the bottom and this keep repeated for the last 2 weeks. i am tired vacuum what should i do?

i used suction hose to vacuum...

any help are appreciated

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Debris Problem

Get an automatic cleaner or a robot.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    West Chester, PA

Sometimes, I have dirt on the bottom just hours after vacuuming without having had any swimmers. To those with sparkly pools, it gets annoying. Luckily, I find vacuuming the pool therapeutic.
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

We have various kinds of debris from the trees in our yard and our neighbors yards all season.. combine that with high pollen times and we've always got something sinking to the bottom. So glad we put in the center drain! We just turn the main center drain on all the way, let most of the larger debris find it's way to the middle and then hook up the vacuum to suck it up. Then I just make a quick trip around the pool to get all the debris that gets caught in the bumps in the liner and expect to do it all again the next day... esp if we think we might swim.

We bought a Diver Dan pool vac but have found he doesn't work well for us. He gets easily caught in the currents from the return and caught on stairs and drain. I thought I'd done my research but he's just not effective for our situation. Will possibly look for something different when we get power closer to the pool so I can get a robot possibly.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Waaay NW MN

Tree pollen, its the bain of our existance b/c we insist that our pools are clean but it looks like dirt...
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Eastern Pennsylvania

When I should vacuum but don't feel like it, I push the brush around some to stir things up and turn on the pump for a while. Or just get in and swim and mix it up that way. That large surface area of a pool collects dust just like the furniture in the house does.
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

7. Back To Top    #7

@Suziqzer Thanks for the info about diver dan... decided to purchased Hayward 500 Aqua Bug instead

@ annak if you don't vacuum and swim the pool look little cloudy

let hope Aqua bug work

8. Back To Top    #8
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Have you tried skimmer socks? Knee highs work too and are cheaper. They catch a lot of crud, may help a bit.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner