So I was at Sam's club today and got 50lbs of Dichlor (Because I knew i needed chlorine stuff but didnt know what was best).... from what I am reading, this stuff will be good to use for an initial shocking if I have a low CYA, however if I continue to use it, my CYA will blow through the roof and it will eventually cause added chlorine to lose its potency (and require more to do the job because it will be WAY too stable).
So I'm thinking I should return it? Get a smaller container to just use to shock if my CYA is ever too low?
I have another question. If I have this high CYA in my pool (Because the CYA stays even after the chlorine in the dichlor dissolves)... Will adding unstabilized liquid chlorine bleach become stabilized with the CYA already in the pool from a past dichlor treatment?
From what I am reading, stabilized chlorine just reacts slower and over an longer period of time, where unstabilized reacts immediately and has no long lasting effects, correct?.. And if CYA is extremely high, the chlorine will just react so incredibly slowly that it will essentially be ineffective?