Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Powder Bottle Tale of Woe...

1. Back To Top    #1
    Portland, Oregon

Powder Bottle Tale of Woe...

Beware of when you pull the scooper out of it's holder, that the top doesn't flip open suddenly while you're not hanging on tightly to the bottle and then all your powder flies out of the container. It happened so quick I didn't believe it'd actually happened for a few seconds. Poof! GONE...

I'm so darn mad. $15 down the drain and all I have to test with now is R-0001 and R-0002. Really not happy cuz after using the FAS/DPD powder test I knew I'd never want to use those again.

So, word of warning... hold onto your powder tightly at all times.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Powder Bottle Tale of Woe...

Oh man........ Doh!!!!!!!!

I can feel your pain through the text.

The reagent gods will smile on you next time I hope.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Powder Bottle Tale of Woe...

You could always do things the way I do. I get a sample in a measuring cup, carry it over to the patio table, and do my testing sitting down, in the shade, with drink at hand - just be careful not to grab the measuring cup by mistake.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!