2 speed matrix verses dynamo

linen

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
I have a 3/4 hp one speed now (service factor of 1.0) and I would like to replace it with a 2 speed. The hayward matrix 2 speed model lowest hp rating is 1 hp, where the pentair dynamo has a 3/4 hp 2 speed model. Somewhere I have seen the the Hayward hp is "max rated" so it might be closer to 3/4 hp?

Any thoughts on which might be best for me?

Nearly all AG pumps are up rated so they should be similar in performance. The best thing to do is to compare the head curves.

mas985 said:
Nearly all AG pumps are up rated so they should be similar in performance. The best thing to do is to compare the head curves.
I looked at the curves, looks like the 1hp version of the hayward matrix is slightly higher than the 1 hp pentair dynamo...but close. However, the 3/4 for the pentair is lower. I do not know what the head curve is on my current pump to compare to. I have ordered the Matrix 1 hp 2 speed, but am now second guessing myself, and am thinking of the Dynamo 0.75 hp 2 speed. Any thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.