Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: linen

1. Back To Top    #1

linen

Hello everyone!

I have been lurking for about a year when I started finding out if I liked maintaining a pool with a intex 12ft X 30in. I found I loved the chemistry etc, much of the credit for that can be given to this great resource! Last fall I (and my boys) pulled a free agp pool (craigslist) from a yard and put it in ours. We are now enjoying crystal clear water while I help others locally get their pools clear as well. I added borates today using boric acid...

Thanks to all the contributors here!
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: linen

welcome glad you're here
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum

That's about the best price I've ever seen for a pool
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    Welcome to the forum

That's about the best price I've ever seen for a pool
    Thanks for the welcome!

Seems like you can find people around here that just "want it out of the yard" at the end of the swimming season. I got the pump and filter as well...I like free! We had to remove it, which was work, I had my boys help, hoping to teach them that "if you want something, you have to work for it".
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Linen.... Great find!

We got ours used through a for sale board at my Hubby's work. We had to pay some for it, but nothing like what it would have cost had we bought a new one! We got their deck and a heater as well.. we added a lot to the deck (after we cleaned it up) and haven't used the heater (don't want to pay the cost of it.. Yikes!)
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP!