I have a 15ft x48" intex pool with a 1000gph cartridge filter. For the previous two years we have had city water brought in at a cost of $225/year and treated it with chemicals. This year we filled it with well water, results from most result lab test on our well
Nitrite AS N <.005
Nitrate as N ,.10
I filled it a little over about 3 days with roughly 2800 gallons of water, the pool holds about 4400 but this year we only filled alittle over halfway b/c I have twin 4 year olds. Hence less water so we thought we would fill it ourself and save money.
I added some mineral magnet to the pool two days ago and ran the filter a few hours each day. It says to wait 3-4 days after adding the mineral magnet to shock the pool. I ordered an intex saltwater generator (new one with the copper thing although I just read to order the older one). So before I hook this up is it ok to use with well water? What should I do prior to setting it up and adding salt in terms of chemicals? Should I buy a bigger pump? I am worried about the well water ruining the new saltwater generator if not done correctly and that the puymp may not be good enough to even work well with the saltwater generator although it says it meets the requirements.
I am pool stupid and could use any and all advice in what to do for the well water and if I should use a saltwater generator with well water. etc
Also let me add this pool will be dumped after this year and a new one purchased b/c after 3 years it will have numerous patches and I had to move the inlet hose lower due to half filling the pool and suspect it will not survive another year.