What is wrong now?

Jun 24, 2010
I don't know how much more to replace (at this point could have bought a whole new system). We got the 175/182 codes earlier in May. Replaced the flow sensor. Then got the 123 code. Cleaned the salt cell. Still a code so we replaced the salt sensor. Was running with no code for one day, now getting the 123 code again. Is it the front board or the back board or both? Sooooooooooo frustrated. Husband just wants to fill the thing in with dirt. :grrrr:

Check the voltage at the cell. You should be able to lift the connector at the cell just enough to insert the test probes from a multi-meter. With the cell under a full load, it should measure between 22 and 28 vdc. Check the DC voltage at the back board where the cell cable connects to the board.

We just bought a new cell and installed it on Friday so I hope it isn't the cell. We will try the multi-meter and let you know.

At and rate, we will need to go old school until we can figure it out. Can anyone help with pool numbers:

Alk = 139
pH = 7.66
Calcium = 288
Total Chlorine = .69
Free chlorine = .50
CYA = 30
Salt = 3300

The pool store told us to put one huge jug of liquid chlorine in and 4 lbs of CYA. Go the CYA but not the liquid chlorine because I will use the bleach method, but don't know how much to put in and then how much to keep putting in daily until we can get the cell fixed. Waiting for my test kit to come in the mail.

Thanks. :wink:

Liquid chlorine and bleach are the same thing, only different strengths.

You can use the Pool Calculator to determine doses and also to figure the effects of adding chemicals. See link in my sig.

A gallon of 6% bleach will raise your FC about 3 PPM.

I think the 'large' bottle is 1.41 gal (182 ozs ish) and would raise your FC about 4.4 PPM.

So, I suggest you add the large bottle of bleach. You can add one each night until you get the SWG fixed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.