Hayward Booster Pump Replacement-INSTALL question!

NCSalt

Apr 26, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Hi All:

Our Hayward booster pump finally gave out, it's 5060 and I was able to get a 6060 on ebay, for a really good price. Well, I realize that the 6060 is the replacement for the 5060 (since they don't make that model anymore) however, the pipe fittings on the 5060 are a lot smaller than for the 6060.

Basically, what I am looking for is if someone can walk me through the removal of the 5060 and the install of the 6060. I would greatly appreciated it. Please also let me know if you think this is something I should call a professional for. I am not claiming to be a plumping goddess, and therefore am looking for DETAILED instructions. Including plumping stuff I need to buy to get this show on the road!

The pump did not come with instructions and no manual.

Thank you and HAPPY 2011 Pool Season to all!
Cheerio,
NC Salt

The Hayward 6060 booster pump should have 1 1/2" union fittings and 3/4" hose adapters for flex hose.

Here is the installation manual
http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/Manual219.pdf

Post some pictures of your 5060 and someone here should be able to walk you through the procedure.

If you are not comfortable with electrical and plumbing then check around for a good pool service tech. Average rate for this job is 1 hour labor + material.

While most good pool service technicians are extremely busy during the Summer months, you can often find an independent plumbing contractor willing to do these smaller jobs and often for less :wink:

PSG

Poolschoolgrad said:
The Hayward 6060 booster pump should have 1 1/2" union fittings and 3/4" hose adapters for flex hose.

Post some pictures of your 5060 and someone here should be able to walk you through the procedure.

PSG

Thanks...I will post some pictures. I am not sure if I am able to handle this replacement job. I might hire a pool tech instead. It looks simple at first but I don't want to screw it up either. However, I will wait for the advice and guidance I get here from you guy's and make a decision then.

Cheerio,
NC Salt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.