Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Booster Pump Replacement-INSTALL question!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Booster Pump Replacement-INSTALL question!

Hi All:

Our Hayward booster pump finally gave out, it's 5060 and I was able to get a 6060 on ebay, for a really good price. Well, I realize that the 6060 is the replacement for the 5060 (since they don't make that model anymore) however, the pipe fittings on the 5060 are a lot smaller than for the 6060.

Basically, what I am looking for is if someone can walk me through the removal of the 5060 and the install of the 6060. I would greatly appreciated it. Please also let me know if you think this is something I should call a professional for. I am not claiming to be a plumping goddess, and therefore am looking for DETAILED instructions. Including plumping stuff I need to buy to get this show on the road!

The pump did not come with instructions and no manual.

Thank you and HAPPY 2011 Pool Season to all!
    Cheerio,
    NC Salt
    NCSalt! IG - Mountain Lake 21x40/Vinyl Liner Fiberglass stairs/Hayward Sand Filter/Polaris 3900 w/Booster-pump (5060)/SWG Aqua Rite-Prologic-T-15 cell/Hayward Elec. Heat Pump/2 skimmers/Gallons: 18900/900 sq ft stamped concrete/Concrete Coping/TF100-Test Kit Hot tub: Dynasty Spa/Neptune Series, 5-person, 400 gallons, carbon filter plus 2 regular filters, LED color lights. "I control my pool, and not the other way around":-)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Booster Pump Replacement-INSTALL question!

The Hayward 6060 booster pump should have 1 1/2" union fittings and 3/4" hose adapters for flex hose.

Here is the installation manual
    http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/Manual219.pdf

Post some pictures of your 5060 and someone here should be able to walk you through the procedure.

If you are not comfortable with electrical and plumbing then check around for a good pool service tech. Average rate for this job is 1 hour labor + material.

While most good pool service technicians are extremely busy during the Summer months, you can often find an independent plumbing contractor willing to do these smaller jobs and often for less

PSG
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward Booster Pump Replacement-INSTALL question!

Quote Originally Posted by Poolschoolgrad
    The Hayward 6060 booster pump should have 1 1/2" union fittings and 3/4" hose adapters for flex hose.

Post some pictures of your 5060 and someone here should be able to walk you through the procedure.

PSG
    Thanks...I will post some pictures. I am not sure if I am able to handle this replacement job. I might hire a pool tech instead. It looks simple at first but I don't want to screw it up either. However, I will wait for the advice and guidance I get here from you guy's and make a decision then.

Cheerio,
    NC Salt
    NCSalt! IG - Mountain Lake 21x40/Vinyl Liner Fiberglass stairs/Hayward Sand Filter/Polaris 3900 w/Booster-pump (5060)/SWG Aqua Rite-Prologic-T-15 cell/Hayward Elec. Heat Pump/2 skimmers/Gallons: 18900/900 sq ft stamped concrete/Concrete Coping/TF100-Test Kit Hot tub: Dynasty Spa/Neptune Series, 5-person, 400 gallons, carbon filter plus 2 regular filters, LED color lights. "I control my pool, and not the other way around":-)