criss-crossed water liines?

Jun 25, 2011
Hey,

I replaced my polaris booster pump and motor. Like an idiot, I took the water lines off the old pump without paying attention to which line goes where. Now that the new one is in there, I am afraid to turn it on because I don't want to destroy anything if the water is hooked up wrong.

There are two places to attach on the pump for water in or out. I don't know which is which.

The hose I have on the top is connect to a pvc tee which goes to the main filter. The hose that I put on the center goes into the ground and presumably to the pool.

Is this hooked up right or do I need to switch the hoses?

dscn0860b.jpg

I think you have them switched. The pipe going to the center of the round end should be coming out of the main pool return. The connector that comes out the top should run underground to the pool clearer connection on the side of the pool.

wow, thanks for the lightning fast response.

Here is another pic before I switch the hoses and turn her on, just to make sure.

dscn0861z.jpg

So what you are saying is that the correct setup is most likely hose from the pvc tee in the center and hose from the ground on top? Sorry to be redundant just trying to be clear. Thanks again.

Woo hoo! I switched them and I am finally back in business. Time to delve into your Pool School section and learn enough to get my pool swim worthy before summer is over. Great board folks, thanks for the advice, I appreciate it and want you to know you saved my bacon.

max8455 said:
Woo hoo! I switched them and I am finally back in business. Time to delve into your Pool School section and learn enough to get my pool swim worthy before summer is over. Great board folks, thanks for the advice, I appreciate it and want you to know you saved my bacon.
:cheers:

max8455 said:
Might I suggest you become a supporter....these guys never ask for contributions but they are worth their weight in gold!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.