Infinity pool pump setup

Hey guys.

I've been trying to resolve some issues i've inherited with a pool i now look after. I have a question regarding pumps if you can help me out.

Infinity edge pool: Basin pool is 15,000 gallons and overflow pool is 9,000 gallons.

To cut a long story short, the setup at present is one pump, one Pentair Tagelus TA 60D Sand Filter and Autopilot SWG per pool and a separate pump to move the water from the basin to overflow.

Isn't the correct way to setup a infinity pool in this case, one pump, one sand filter and autopilot SWG for the basin and then a pump to move water from basin to overflow? They have one filter and autopilot to many right? or am i missunderstood?

Thanks

Andrew

There are different ways to set this kind of pool up. The approach you have, two pools with separate pumps/filters/SWGs is the most common. Running the infinite edge pump is normally very expensive compared to running the individual pool pumps, and it also tends to make the PH go up, so you don't want to run it unless you are there appreciating the pool. To minimize costs everything needs to work without the infinite edge pump being run at all.

Reactions: Windylou
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.