Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Too High FC - Hayward CL200 Chlorinator

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleveland, TN

Too High FC - Hayward CL200 Chlorinator

I have a Hayward CL200 chlorinator and even when the flow control is almost off, the chlorine is reading at 7.5. Any ideas? I have removed the tablets to drop the chlorine level. Is there any way to accelerate it? Thanks!
    18x36 Vinyl Pool. Superpump2 2 speed motor. Sand Filter.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

Re: Too High FC - Hayward CL200 Chlorinator

I have the same chlorinator and have difficulty precisely controlling chlorine levels. Look in the manual for the CL200, they have the instructions for disassembly and cleaning. This will help temporarily.

As for the high FC level, try Jack's Magic After Shock or another chlorine neutralizer.

17.5k gallon, 16.5' X 40' IG vinyl liner pool, Hayward 1HP Super Pump, Hayward S244T sand filter, Jandy Legacy Lxi NG heater, Rainbow chlorine feeder as back-up to BBB, WaterTech PoolBlaster Pro 900 hand-held vacuum, TF100

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Too High FC - Hayward CL200 Chlorinator

There is almost never any need for chlorine neutralizer in an outdoor pool. Sunlight normally lowers the FC level in a day or two.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School