Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Some stains lifted with treatment, others not so much!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Some stains lifted with treatment, others not so much!!!

I did the ascorbic acid treatment, and some stains lifted immediate , whereas some are still there. Could there be various types of stainage going on, and if so after doinng the ascorbic acid treatment where do I go, because when I did the puck test previously no stains lifted. Soooo what now???

All my numbers are in line
    tc 5
    cc 0
    ph 7.5
    alk 90
    cya 40
    27K gal, vinyl, 1 HP Challenger pump, 300 # sand filter, Hayward Navigator/Manual backbreaker

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Some stains lifted with treatment, others not so much!!!

Iron stains and some copper stains will lift when you do an AA treatment. If you don't use enough AA, not all of the stains will be removed. You can double check that by holding a vitamin C tablet against one of the remaining stains. If the stain goes away, you didn't use enough AA. If the stain remains it is either copper or organic. Organic stains will go away at high FC levels. Copper stains are problematic to remove from vinyl.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School