Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this safe? (water)

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this safe? (water)

i got a metal frame pool by summer escapes. its 18x48. my ground is unlevel so we filled it up now 1 side has like 1ft higher water? will the pool like fall apart or something ?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this safe? (water)

I would drain the pool ASAP and level the area.

2 inches off on 1 side is iffy but a foot not safe at all.

Also Summer Escapes has bad reviews so I wouldn't chance it at all.
    Intex Ultra frame 16x48
    Intex 1600GPH Sand Filter
    Taylor K-2005 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree with poolnew-b. One inch out of level is common, a couple of inches livable, but one foot off is too much.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Also I should add that if you dont remove the Grass/sod in there area the pool is going it will start to stink very bad when the grass starts to die under the pool.
    Intex Ultra frame 16x48
    Intex 1600GPH Sand Filter
    Taylor K-2005 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by poolnew-b
    Also I should add that if you dont remove the Grass/sod in there area the pool is going it will start to stink very bad when the grass starts to die under the pool.
    its on cement ground

6. Back To Top    #6

Not to be rude, but you gotta research some of this stuff, 1' is well past all pool manufacturers recommended specs.
    That pool holds a lot of weight and if it's soft sided a total failure can endanger your family/neighbors as well peoples personal property.
    Every pool manufacturer talks about the limits of pool levelness, you could have bought a 4' level for 20/30 bucks and put it on the cement to assess the levelness prior to install.....and don't confuse "flat" for "level", something can be flat but still be inclined.

Drain the pool and find a level site, although not sure where that will be if your cement pad is not level. If you move it onto grass make sure you remove the sod and level it DOWN, don't add dirt and level it UP.

Lots of videos and pdf's online for this.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list