Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: online purchase

1. Back To Top    #1

online purchase

The wife said go ahead so I am..Looking for above ground pool 18'..Not to many suppliers around the KC area so Im going to venture to the online world...Anybody purchase from online suppliers? Need some recommendations on who to buy from and not to buy from...And if you want to list what pool name / or brand to look at feel free to do so...Thanks for all the help and happy swimming

2. Back To Top    #2
    Waaay NW MN

Re: online purchase

We bought ours from ProPools, but have also purchased many items from PCPools, SPProducts, Leisure Pools, PoolWarehouse, PoolProducts, etc.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by NWMNMom
    We bought ours from ProPools, but have also purchased many items from PCPools, SPProducts, Leisure Pools, PoolWarehouse, PoolProducts, etc.
    I see in your profile you have a Wilbar pool..That brand was one of my choices, any regrets on the Wilbar

5. Back To Top    #5
    Sault Ontario

Check out the reviews board, also, use the search tool for popular online retailers and pool manufacturers.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

6. Back To Top    #6

Spring, TX

I dont know if this helps any, but I see pools for sale at Academy which may look to be pretty good deals.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

7. Back To Top    #7

If you're not too picky, another option is Craigslist. Hubby and I managed to get a pool installer (we called around until we found one willing) to help us excavate and level for less than he would charge for a full install.. we helped him and he ended up staying to help us get the liner in since it moved along pretty quickly w/our help.

I'm sure a lot of installers wouldn't want to tackle a used pool but we had everything double checked washed and ready to go. Might be another option for you to consider.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.