Hey New Pool and have some questions!

Jun 24, 2011
Just introduced myself down here: boon4376-saying-hi-t34577.html

My pool did not come with a pool cover. I have looked at some online sites with cheap covers and seen a lot of complaints that they fall apart after 1-2 years. Anyone know of a long lasting good cover that is still a value online? Or is my pool company the best way to go? And would you suggest a black cover? I would think that would be best for heating the pool.

I have plans to build a solar pool heater probably in late July or August when I get some more free time. I have a propane heater, but I figure for the cost using that for a summer = the same as building a decent solar one.

I have dirty water coming through my jets when I vacuum. Real dirty. However I know my DE Filter is doing something because when I first backwash and fill it again (And wait 5 minutes for it to coat), the pressure is only ~14PSI, but after a few minutes of vacuuming it goes up to about 24PSI. My pool is full of a TON of fine silty Crud from about 2 wheelbarrows full of leaves decomposing on the bottom for the whole fall / spring and summer until this week.... So I'm guessing the DE grid is mis-aligned or has a hole in it, anything else to check?

You seem to be on the right track :) In addition to a torn grid or mis-assembly, is also possible for a bad seal inside the main valve to allow some water to bypass the filter. When that is happening you usually see a slow leak coming out of the backwash pipe, but not always.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.