Resurrect pressure cleaner line

moore101

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2008
Alta Loma, CA
It looks like it is not possible to use a 1" line as a vac line. So I'll be getting a pressure side cleaner, leaning towards "The Pool Cleaner".

Here is a picture of my equipment pad:
PoolEquipment.jpg

From what I have read on the Pool Cleaner (pressure) manual I should put a valve between the pump and filter (horizontal gold pipe in the picture) to direct pressure to the cleaner. If this is correct how should I do this?
Put a 3 way valve and re-jigger the plumbing to make it work? Inlet from pump, Outlet 1 to filter Outlet 2 to pressure cleaner.
or
Install a T and a 2 way valve after the T. The valve would turn off (some flow) to filter and direct it to the pressure line for the cleaner.

I think I anwsered my own question, the T and 2-way valve is probably not a good idea because then there will always be some flow going to the cleaner line. When the heater is running the spa that would be bad....

Sorry for the lame questions I just want to plan it all out before I bust out the hacksaw.

Next plumbing issue: Where to install the Salt Cell! (Pentair IC40)

Yea I have been thinking about how to fit the cell in there. The top most valve is the return, I think I'll raise the return line right off the heater then bring it back towards the house and then another 90 with the cell and straight to the return valve. It won't be pretty but will get me away from the heater and a bit more length in front of the cell.

The other option would be to go up over and down....

Finished the automation and plumbing work. The small 1" line is for the pressure cleaner, it is on a 3-way valve that an actuator opens or closes to activate the cleaner.

Here is what the new setup looks like, I decided to mount a pipe support on the house since there is quite a bit of weight hanging with the salt cell.
PoolEquimentNew1.jpg

PoolEquipmentNew2.jpg

The pressure pool cleaner works pretty good but it doesn't climb the walls nearly as high as the old hayward navigator and nothing like the MX8 I had for a short period of time.

Thanks. The heater is about 6" from the right wall and it is a bit tight but there is no heat buildup and it seems to work ok. The blower is 18" higher than the water level and there is a check valve it just isn't visible in the picture. The ball valve was to cut off a little flow but it doesn't work all that well...

May try and put a dimmer type switch on the blower as I got a 2HP model and it is a bit too powerful.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.