Muddy water

May 19, 2010
Evansville, IN
Last Friday here in Southern Indiana, we received 3 inches of rain in several hours. Water usually drains fine through the easement between the houses. But the muddy mess backed up into our pool. The other day I dug out a trench in the easement and will add rock to it next week to hopefully fix the problem. Our pool was a mess. I have vacuumed, brushed and backwashed a bunch of times. I can now see the bottom. There is still sediment on the bottom every day. I figured I should be happy that in 6 days it is clearing up. The FC, CYA, etc.. are all fine. I did have to add water and more salt after numerous backwashes. But I want crystal clear water like I had last week. Should I add DE to the sand filter? Where is DE sold? I'm sure in a few more days it will be fine, but my obsession to have a clean pool is making me insane :grrrr: . My neighbors think I'm crazy because I am always cleaning everyday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.