Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Muddy water

1. Back To Top    #1

Evansville, IN

Muddy water

Last Friday here in Southern Indiana, we received 3 inches of rain in several hours. Water usually drains fine through the easement between the houses. But the muddy mess backed up into our pool. The other day I dug out a trench in the easement and will add rock to it next week to hopefully fix the problem. Our pool was a mess. I have vacuumed, brushed and backwashed a bunch of times. I can now see the bottom. There is still sediment on the bottom every day. I figured I should be happy that in 6 days it is clearing up. The FC, CYA, etc.. are all fine. I did have to add water and more salt after numerous backwashes. But I want crystal clear water like I had last week. Should I add DE to the sand filter? Where is DE sold? I'm sure in a few more days it will be fine, but my obsession to have a clean pool is making me insane . My neighbors think I'm crazy because I am always cleaning everyday.
    36X18 Inground Pool, SWG, Hayward Pump, Hayward gas heater, Undertrack Auto Cover, Interfab basketball system, TF-100 Test kit, Polaris 9300 Robot Cleaner, Pool Completed July 29 2010

2. Back To Top    #2

San Diego, CA

Re: Muddy water

The DE will help clear it faster. You can get it at a poolstore and sometimes one of the hardware stores.
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Muddy water

Lowes carries it too. Most likely cheaper than the fool store and it doesn't come with refusal of "better" products.
    18' x 36' Vinyl Kidney 24,000 gallons
    Soon to have Salwater system up and running.
    Intelliflo pump, Colorlogic LED Light and a lot less money in the bank