HELP! Corrosion buildup on connector

Jun 24, 2011
I just got a new saltwater pool put in last October. The pool company went out of business and I have no help on what to do with my pool. I notice that on the Hayward Aqua Rite control panel that the no flow led was lit. I have no idea how long it has been like that, but I tried looking it up and all I can find is that it means no flow is going through...but there is. I went to Leslie's Pool store, who is a Hayward product represative, and spoke with a tech there, she told me some things to look at. Well the arrows on the flow sensor were right, no breaks or chew marks on the cable, but then I notice on the RJ-11 connector that clips into the control box on the bottom. There was corrosion build up only on one of the six copper strip connectors and it was also on the control box port where it clips into. It was strange because the other copper strips were shining clean. I took pictures and showed the techs at the Lesile Pool store and no ever seen sometime like that. The sensor is under warranty and they ordered another one for me, but they are having trouble trying to get a hold of Hayward about the Aqua Rite Control box, which may also need to be replace. Has anyone have any thought about my issue. No Chlorine is producing so I have to shock my pool every three days because of alge.

Did you try just cleaning the corrosion off the connectors and pluging it back in?

You're not shocking your pool you're just throwing some stuff in there. Please read Pool School on how to properly shock your pool. At this point you are going to ahve to shock your pool.

You need to be adding chlorine every day until you get the swcg fixed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.