Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP! Corrosion buildup on connector

1. Back To Top    #1

HELP! Corrosion buildup on connector

I just got a new saltwater pool put in last October. The pool company went out of business and I have no help on what to do with my pool. I notice that on the Hayward Aqua Rite control panel that the no flow led was lit. I have no idea how long it has been like that, but I tried looking it up and all I can find is that it means no flow is going through...but there is. I went to Leslie's Pool store, who is a Hayward product represative, and spoke with a tech there, she told me some things to look at. Well the arrows on the flow sensor were right, no breaks or chew marks on the cable, but then I notice on the RJ-11 connector that clips into the control box on the bottom. There was corrosion build up only on one of the six copper strip connectors and it was also on the control box port where it clips into. It was strange because the other copper strips were shining clean. I took pictures and showed the techs at the Lesile Pool store and no ever seen sometime like that. The sensor is under warranty and they ordered another one for me, but they are having trouble trying to get a hold of Hayward about the Aqua Rite Control box, which may also need to be replace. Has anyone have any thought about my issue. No Chlorine is producing so I have to shock my pool every three days because of alge.
    8K gallon Kidney shape 12 X 24 IG gunite with 6 foot raised Spa and waterfall
    IntelliChlor IC20, PCC 2000 In-Floor Cleaning system, Cartridge Filter, 2 HP WhisperFlo Pump
    Easy Touch Control and Load center with Quick Touch Wireless remote
    Amerlite and SpaBrite lights

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HELP! Corrosion buildup on connector

Did you try just cleaning the corrosion off the connectors and pluging it back in?

You're not shocking your pool you're just throwing some stuff in there. Please read Pool School on how to properly shock your pool. At this point you are going to ahve to shock your pool.

You need to be adding chlorine every day until you get the swcg fixed.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Right now I am just doing what Lesile Pools ask me to do with the pool until they figure out how to fix my issue. I bring them a sample and then they tell my what and how much to put in my pool.
    IntelliChlor IC20, PCC 2000 In-Floor Cleaning system, Cartridge Filter, 2 HP WhisperFlo Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

And yes I tried to clean the connector but still it won't work.