Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Light Delema

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Light Delema

The light in my inground pool has been going off by itself for a while until it finally does not work at all. The power checks out good and the GFI works, I assume the heat cutoff in the fixture has gone bad. Thought it would be a simple replacement until I realized the power cord is stuck for some reason and will not come out of the conduit.
    My thought is to do a waterproof splice of the new fixture at the pool end and rely on the GFI for safety, unless someone has a better idea???
    Andy

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Light Delema

Did you open the junction box and see if the cord is moving in there when you pull on it?

I don't advocate splicing the wiring.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, I pulled on it from the poolhouse side at the junction box assuming it would be easy. It's a two inch conduit with plenty of room.
    Andy

4. Back To Top    #4

I bet somebody sealed it for some reason. Probably a leak in the conduit.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Funny you mention that....I already did that but I used a wax toilet bowl seal. That wouldn't stop it. I'm left with really pulling on it and if it breaks, try to fish the new one through. My fear is that somehow the conduit is crushed and I won't be able to fish. Maybe I should try to fish line first??
    Andy