Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC..GRR

1. Back To Top    #1

Due to a spell of low temps/storms lately I have left my solar cover on for about 2 weeks (due to pool fencing I have to actually get in it to remove the cover and the water is COLD), been keeping my FC, PH etc in check but my CC is at 1.5. Logic would say that this is because my pool has not been getting direct sunlight to burn it off and it should drop when I remove the solar cover and let the sun hit it but I want to be sure. Do I need to shock or will the CC drop when I expose the pool to light again? Been keeping an eye under the cover every day when I check FC, water is crystal clear.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: CC..GRR

I'd say keep an eye on it...mine does the same thing if I leave the cover on for a long time, and then it dissipates quickly once the cover is off (without needing to shock).
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Lynchburg VA

Do cloudy days have any affect on CC or is this just mainly covers?
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4
    Silver Spring, MD

You get some diffuse sunlight even on cloudy days, and it doesn't really take that much sunlight when there aren't very many people swimming in the pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School