Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DIY Giant eraser with trichlor puck - saw here somewhere???

1. Back To Top    #1

DIY Giant eraser with trichlor puck - saw here somewhere???

I know that someone at one time posted a photo of a trichlor puck attached somehow to a stick or PVC pipe or something. It was used to hold a trichlor puck steady to use it like a giant eraser.

I've searched but cannot find it. I think we will need that to get after that black algae in my friends pool. And to have on hand for her family to use on occasion if they notice the spots later, or if we cannot lick that problem in the short time available.

PS, maybe that ought to be put into the sticky "things I thought everyone Knew" or "photo dictionary of pool things"
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DIY Giant eraser with trichlor puck - saw here somewhere

Are you talking about one of these?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

It was homemade, maybe pvc slotted, not sure how tab was held in. Seems a rubberband would not take the FC level.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

4. Back To Top    #4

I was thinking of strategically attaching 2 or 3 trichlor pucks to my pool brush using rubber bands. Rubber in general is supposed to be pretty resilient against chemicals. Worst case, it'll last a while then snap. I'll let you know how it goes