Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Praise the lord and pass the ammunition! The forum is back!

1. Back To Top    #1

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition! The forum is back!

Was it down for a reason?
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Praise the lord and pass the ammunition! The forum is b

I'm currently investigating what happened. The database slowed way way way down, so that thing which should have taken fractions of a second were taking several minutes. However, I don't yet know what caused the problem.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

The forum was down briefly again around 10 minutes or so ago. First it gave an SQL error saying there were too many connections. Then it came to the TFP home page saying the site was down and to try again in a few minutes. After a few 5 minutes, the site was back up.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4

chem geek, thanks for the update. I still haven't been able to pin down exactly what is happening.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Just as reinforcement I got the same error Richard did. Must have been about 8:30 central.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Yeah, things got 'flucky' last night, but I figured that one of the mods finally realized that I don't know anything a bout pools, I've never seen nor even swam in one and pulled the plug on me (but I do stay at Holiday Inn Express often )
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

7. Back To Top    #7

I found something and fixed it, though I'm not at all sure it was the real problem. Hopefully this will prevent these symptoms from repeating.

8. Back To Top    #8

Uhhh.. Where's the ammo?
    ~13000 inground plaster
    150sq Ft Cartridge Filter