How do you empty your Polaris bag?

JayDee

Sep 13, 2009
How do you empty your Polaris bag?

I take it over to the hose, open the velcro and stick my hand inside the bag to hold it open while I flush it with the hose as best I can. This usually gets pretty messy clamping the hose between my knees while I'm trying to finger-sweep inside the bag, behind the seams, etc. It isn't easy getting the gritty-goop from behind all the seams and in the corners of the "holding area" of the bag.

Demonstrating this to the girls made them recoil in horror at the thought of sticking their hand in there with the bugs, worms, leaves, hair & dirt. This means I'm the only one who gets to empty it...

I've thought of making a hoop out of a coat-hanger to hold the bag open, but the "U" shape of the bag innards with that internal seam just makes it one of the most awkward things to clean *well*. You almost need four hands to do a good-job cleaning it.

I'm open to suggestion.

I have 2 suggestions. First is to get a second bag and pull the dirty one off and let it dry out. It will empty/clean a lot better when it is dry, then you can just swap bags. Second, I use a Knee High Panty hose and put it on the polaris first, then the bag. Kind of like a good sand/silt bag. Then I just throw the inner bag away. Good luck......

I turn mind inside out put my hand inside (what was the outside) and wash it off into the grass with the hose. Only problem is I sometimes get a little wet. Circle is correct about letting it dry and all the stuff will just fall out. Since you want the girls to do it perhaps the two bag process is better. They can just change out the bag and let you deal with emptying it later.

I open the velcro and then dump what comes out into the landscaping. Then I turn it inside out and swish in a bucket of pool water. Then I toss it aside and take the dry bag and shake out the last bit of sand and use that one.

Two bags. Dang - Why didn't *I* think of that! The knee-high trick sounds awesome. Mine has the pre-mounted bag-on-a-collar with the two "lobes" that snap into the neck of the unit so I'm not sure how I would fit the knee-high on it, but I'll mess around with it and see what I can come up with.

To install the knee high, install it down in the polaris and fold the end on the Polaris plastic housing. Then install the bag with 2 clips to hold it on place. When the pump turns on it will blow the knee high into the polaris bag. Let us know.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.