Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360 or the 180?

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 360 or the 180?

Hi everyone,

I'm about to get a Polaris 360 because my pool doesn't have the booster pump required for the 180. I was wondering if I should just go ahead and install the booster pump in order to have the 180 or is the 360 going to do just as good of a job?

Thanks,
    Tom
    -Tom

17,000 gal plaster with spa. Pentair Clean & Clear cartridge filters. Jandy systems with Aqualink RS and Polaris 360.

Pool Store free since May 2011!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 360 or the 180?

I wouldn't install a booster; they suck a LOT of power if you run the cleaner frequently. I would just get the 360 or some other pressure cleaner that doesn't require a booster, like The Pool Cleaner.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a polaris 280 with a booster. it does a great job, runs twice daily for about 1.5 hrs total. We have not noticed any negligable difference in our power consumption. Now the up front costs were more with the booster and a dedicated pressure line, but the only thing we have noticed is how clean the pool is!
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4

I am going to go with the Polaris 360. I want to also replace the manual valve on the line so that my Aqualink RS can turn the valve to the appropriate setting for a short time each day.

Anyone experienced with the Jandy automated systems that I could add another valve to the system and set up the Polaris 360 as one of my Aux buttons?
    -Tom

17,000 gal plaster with spa. Pentair Clean & Clear cartridge filters. Jandy systems with Aqualink RS and Polaris 360.

5. Back To Top    #5

UPDATE!

I went with the Polaris 360 from Pool Supply World. Also sprung for an additional bag so I could sweep while the other dries.

I must say this thing is AMAZING and it's the coolest thing in my pool. I have used the manual vacuum head for my pool twice since I moved in and already appreciate this little machine's work.

My 4 year old asked "Can I ride it next time we go swimming?"
    -Tom