iron in bottom of the pool at start up

jenn

Jun 23, 2011
i have a 16x4 vynal pool. i have hard iron in my well water. i started filling it lastnight when i checked it this morning there was a large amount of iron setteled at the bottom. what should i do. i havent started any chemicals yet or run the pump its not completely filled yet?????

Welcome to TFP!

Unless you have another source of water that is iron free, you don't have very many choices. Finish filling the pool, vacuum up everything you can, and then clean/backwash the filter, all before adding any chemicals.

ok i changed the filter and refilled the pool the pool place i went to said start if off with chlorine and algeacide remover and preventer which last 3 months. i did that . they said wait at least 2 hrs and add metal out and run pump over night i did that. when i took the next sample this morning there was no chlorine the pool is now a dark green. they told me add another gallon of chlorine so i did that was about 4 hrs ago. the water isnt clearing but the chlorine is holding so far. i did the test strips they sold me and the alkalinty was between 120 and 180 the stablizer was perfect. the ph looked a lil high. the chlorine is also a little high still. what do i do?

Do you have numbers for all of those levels? "high", "low", "perfect" don't really tell us very much as they very much depend on what someone else thinks appropriate levels are, and there is no real agreement about that.

The main thing with fighting algae is to keep the FC level up at shock level until all of the algae is dead.

I suggest you do a little reading in Pool School. There are articles on fighting algae and what appropriate chemical levels are.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.